3 February 2017
I announced on 19 January my candidacy for the 2017 Chief Executive Election.
I truly believe that what Hong Kong needs now is to rebuild trust, re-establish unity and rekindle hope, so that it becomes a place where young people are able to see a future for themselves.
My standing for the CE election is an invitation to all the 7.35 million people of Hong Kong to join hands in making our city an even better place to live. Your backing will be the single most powerful driving force behind my campaign and, should I win, my future administration.
I am now raising funds for my election campaign and I earnestly appeal to you for your financial contribution. Every dollar helps.
Thank you for your support!
John C Tsang
Donations can be paid by cheque or on-line credit card payment. If the election donation is in excess of the maximum amount of election expenses that the candidate is allowed to incur, or remains unused in whole or in part after the election, the donor agrees that the candidate shall donate the excessive or unused election donation to such charitable institution(s) or trust(s) of the public character as the candidate may choose.
By Crossed Cheque
- Please make crossed cheques payable to "TSANG CHUN WAH JOHN" or "曾俊華". (We can only accept cheques issued by local banks.)
- Please also write the donor's telephone number at the back of the cheque so that we can contact you if necessary.
Please send your cheque by mail to
John Tsang Election Office,
Room 3502-3504, Hopewell Centre,
183 Queen's Road East,
Wanchai, Hong Kong.
- For any donation exceeding HK $ 1,000, please fill in the name and address of the donor on the "Standard Receipt for Election Donation"* and send the form to the Election Office together with the crossed cheque. (According to the relevant election rules, any donation exceeding HK$1,000 which is not accompanied by a "Standard Receipt for Election Donation“ will have to be donated to a charity rather than being used on our election campaign.)
By Credit Card
For those donating more than $1,000, please provide your name and address. Donations exceeding $1,000 received from anonymous donors cannot be used for meeting election expenses and must be given to a charitable institution or trust of a public character chosen by me.
Please download the "Standard Receipt for Election Donations" form. In completing the form, choose under Part I "Cash" which includes cheque payment, and fill in the name and address of the donor. Under Part II, please fill in again the name of the donor. If the donor is an organisation, please fill in the name of the organisation and affix the stamp of the organisation or signature of its authorised person. By signing on the form, the donor :
- agrees that if the election donation is in excess of the maximum amount of election expenses that I am allowed to incur, or remains unused in whole or in part after the election, I shall donate the excessive or unused election donation to such charitable institution(s) or trust(s) of a public character as I may choose; and
- (b) understands that I shall enter in my “Return and Declaration of Election Expenses and Election Donations” the name and address provided in this receipt. The donor also understands that copies of the return and declaration and this receipt will be made available at the Registration and Electoral Office for public inspection or may be furnished to any person upon request from the time when the election return is lodged with the Chief Electoral Officer until the end of the period for which copies of election returns are available for inspection under section 41 of the Elections (Corrupt and Illegal Conduct) Ordinance (Cap 554).